Tips on Managing Stress
July 5, 2022
- Get Moving! 150 minutes per week of aerobic exercise, like a brisk walk, is a great first step to manage inflammation, pain and stress.
- Meditate with deep breathing, mindfulness practice, or other practices.
- Practice positive psychology! Your provider can help you get started. Start a gratitude journal – write 3 things every day for which you are grateful.
- Get enough sleep – 7-9 hours/night
- Develop a ritual for winding down and practicing patience. Don’t speak immediately when you are upset.
- Don’t avoid a challenge, face it head on with a positive mindset that stress will make you stronger and more resilient.
- Try coloring!
- Have a purpose in life – What makes you want to get out of bed each day?
- Take charge and feel empowered over your life
- Get involved with something bigger than yourself.
- Maintain a sense of modesty about your accomplishments and successes.
- Work on a healthy sense of self-confidence.