Sleep Tips to Help You Fall and Stay Asleep
July 22, 2022
- Create a dark, cool environment.
- Minimize blue light from phones, tablets and TVs, especially 1 hr prior to bed.
- Avoid eating large, high carb meal in the 2 hours before bed.\
- Be sure to get physical activity in during the day!
- Increase your exposure to natural sunlight during the day.
- Keep your extremities warm which helps to decrease core temperature and promote sleep.
- Create a nighttime routine – warm shower/bath, calming tea with no caffeine, meditation/mindfulness practice, etc.